Updated every year for your screaming pleasure!
Because around Halloween so many are being scary, screaming and acting like someone or something else, what a perfect time to write about the….
<insert scary organ music here>
The Top 10 Scariest Email “Boo-Boos”!!
- Not capitalizing your name properly. Are you dressed up as a grade-schooler for Halloween?
- Not including a pleasant greeting and closing in every email. Only Zombies type that way!
- No excuse for typos — unless you have brain damage like Frankenstein.
- Bolding selected type or changing the font color to red provides emphasis — strong emphasis. Unless you are a vampire that loves the color red, ditch the emphasis and choose your words more carefully instead.
- Not responding promptly to those who email you. You’ll make people think you are a ghost or figment of their imagination.
- Not replying at all. Have you not yet risen from the dead?
- Attaching files the size of the Blob without notice. Ask first!
- Not taking the time to thank those who have helped you online. Unless your hands are wrapped like a Mummy, thank yous are always appreciated.
- Sending rude emails screaming like a Banshee without all the facts while you hide behind this screen like a phantom in the night.
- And, the #1 Scariest Email Boo-Boo is…
Assuming none of these issues matter and that you can do what you want just because you can. (That only works if you are a demon!) Perception is the only reality online. With every email is the opportunity to make sure you offer an educated and courteous message. Unless you are dressing up as a ghoul this Halloween!