The way that people learn online is to ask questions and get answers from others. We seek out the opportunity to share our unique circumstance or situation and then be offered insight and experience from other onliners who have been there done that. By sharing our comments we all expand our knowledge and appreciation of this huge online world that is now part of our daily lives.
Effective 1/3/2019 all new posts will be open to community comments for 15 days. After that time, comments will be closed. All comments will be manually approved before being visible on this site.
The goal is to build a like-minded “community” of folks interested in discussing proper technology use, online manners and email etiquette topics. Do you want to know how to get your photo next to your comment? Consider signing up for Gravatar. This will help to get your comment approved faster too.
Your comments are welcome on NetManners.com
I encourage you to share your point of view and experiences and even ask questions about your online conundrums. With that said, not all comments will get approved and here’s why…
A site visitor’s comments will not see the light of day on Net [email protected] unless they meet the following criteria:
- Use your real first name — typed properly is a plus. Put your keywords in this field and I hit delete. If your post is relevant and specific and you don’t use your name you will be requested to use your name on future comments or risk your account be deleted. We want to build a community not a cacophony of anonymous opinions.
- This is a site that takes the topic of proper technology use seriously. Type as though you get that. Type like a grade-schooler with poor grammar, typos and incomplete sentences, all small case and chances are your message is lost in your inability to communicate properly.
- Your comment must be specific to the post you are commenting on. And I mean specific. If it is clear that you didn’t read the post, or add non-specific blah-blah-blah chances are your post will not be approved. Comments must include verbiage clearly about the post in question or it gets marked as spam. Comments like “I see your point of view but don’t agree…” without telling me specifically why you disagree, tells me you are just link baiting. If you disagree with my commentary, please do give me your POV in a cordial and coherent manner. I will respond back with the same courtesy and clarity. Please share your experience and comments in a sincere manner.
- Rude, inflammatory or disrespectful comments will be immediately removed and the users account deleted. Criticism should be offered in a helpful and friendly tone.
- Links within or after your comments are not allowed unless they are pointing to a specific resource that is relevant to the conversation. Promotional links will be edited out before a comment is considered for approval. All links within comments are nofollow.
Editing and Deletions
I reserve the right to edit and delete any comments at any time. Comments will not be approved if:
- Deemed to be spam or purely promotional. Obvious attempts to promote your business, gain backlinks, traffic, or other types of self-promotion are not allowed.
- Comments include profanity.
- Comments that are nasty, mean or harass other members.
- Comments that are off-topic.
You need to provide an authentic, verified email address to post a comment on Net [email protected] and receive comment subscriptions. I will never publish your personal information on the blog nor will it be available to outside parties. Your information is for my eyes only.
Accordingly, do not share private information within your comment. I will delete phone numbers, email addresses, or any other private or personal information to protect the affected party. This is not the place to exchange contact information with other commenters.
By posting a comment, you agree that your contribution is your own and that you take responsibility for it. You agree to hold Net [email protected] and other members harmless.
Thank you in advance for following the above and I look forward to your comments!