What is the big deal to integrate E-mail Etiquette into one’s daily e-mail activities? It takes very little effort and once you go through this site you then know what to do and consider and it’s simple to apply.
Practicing E-mail Etiquette, just as most things in life, is a choice. You can choose to disregard the information because you don’t want to make the effort or feel it isn’t necessary — that is your choice to make.
What is ironic, however, is how the very same folks that choose to ignore e-mail etiquette also do not like the aftereffect that choice results in. You can’t have it both ways. If you choose to not practice E-mail Etiquette then you can’t be upset if:
- Job inquiries are not considered.
- Formatting choices land your e-mail in the trash or blocked by spam filters.
- Formatting choices cause your tone to be over emphasized and cause unnecessary misunderstandings.
- Your e-mails are perceived as demanding and/or terse.
- You are viewed as uneducated or unprofessional.
- Business E-mails are not taken as seriously.
- You feel silly and are embarrassed when it is pointed out to you that you forwarded a hoax irresponsibly.
These are just a few of the negative results that ignoring or disregarding E-mail Etiquette can cause. All because one doesn’t want to make the effort to learn how to e-mail properly — with knowledge, understanding and courtesy”.
So, what are you waiting for? Spend some time on this site to make sure that you have all the bases covered!